Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on W0HC.com’s web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on W0HC.com’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by W0HC.com at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- Giving us a non-exclusive, irrevocable, unconditional, transferable, perpetual, worldwide, royalty free license and right to use, display, reproduce, perform, adapt, translate, modify, create derivative works from, publish, distribute, disseminate and broadcast the User Content in connection with your use of the Site without additional accounting to you or notifying you in any way; and
- Representing and warranting to us you have the right to submit the User Content and grant the rights and license described above.
If anyone else has or may have rights to the User Content you are submitting, it is your responsibility to find out and obtain whatever agreements, licenses and rights you need from them to do so, because if and when you submit Content to us, you will be solely responsible and liable and you will
- The materials on W0HC.com’s web site are provided “as is” and “as available”. W0HC.com makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, W0HC.com does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall W0HC.com or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on W0HC.com’s Internet site, even if W0HC.com or a W0HC.com authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on W0HC.com’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. W0HC.com does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. W0HC.com may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. W0HC.com does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
W0HC.com has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by W0HC.com of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to W0HC.com’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Iowa without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
Your privacy is critically important to us. W0hc.com has a few fundamental principles:
- We don’t ask you for personal information unless we truly need it. (We can’t stand services that ask you for things like your gender or income level for no apparent reason.)
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, or protect our rights.
- We don’t store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of one of our services.
- We aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what’s visible to the public, seen by search engines, kept private, and permanently deleted.
If you have questions about deleting or correcting your personal data please contact W0HC
W0HC operates this website. It is W0HC’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our website.
Like most website operators, W0HC collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. W0HC’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how our visitors use its website. From time to time, W0HC may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
W0HC also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on this site. W0HC only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below, except that blog commenter IP addresses and email addresses are visible and disclosed to the administrators of the blog where the comment was left.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to W0HC’s websites choose to interact with w0hc.com in ways that require us to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that we gather depends on the nature of the interaction.
Those who engage in transactions with w0hc.com – by purchasing merchandise, for example – are asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. In each case, W0HC collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with w0hc.com. W0HC does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
Aggregated Statistics and Analytics
We may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its websites. For instance, we may monitor the most searched terms used to find this site, the browser and operating systems viewers use when accessing our site, and other non-identifying information. W0HC may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, W0HC does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
W0HC.com uses Google Analytics. Your web browser automatically sends certain information to Google. This includes the URL of the page you’re visiting and your IP address. We may also set cookies on your browser or read cookies that are already there. Apps that use Google advertising services also share information with Google, such as the name of the app and a unique identifier for advertising.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
W0HC will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. W0HC discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when W0HC believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of W0HC, third parties or the public at large. If you have supplied your email address, W0HC may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with W0HC. We primarily use this websites blog to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum. If you send us a request we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help other users. W0HC takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Last updated September 25, 2018